For campers entering K – 3rd grade
Fun Facts about Camp Chaverim
- Flexible summer camping options – Campers may choose to attend three or five days per week for two weeks, or more!
- Special events each week – Dress up days, theme days and weeks, camp-wide Shabbat Friday activities, Maccabi Games and favorite summertime activities like slip n’ sliding, water balloons and shaving cream.
- Special Wednesday afternoon activities – Each Wednesday this summer will be a specialty day
- Late nights and Hoover Tuesdays – Camp doesn’t always end at 4 pm for campers in K-3rd! Second and Third Grade campers have field trips and one late night during the summer.
A Typical Day at Camp
A day at Camp Chaverim contains age-appropriate programming to target the needs of every camper. Each day will include:
- Opening – Energized celebrations and songs with Hebrew enrichment to start the day off right!
- Bunk Time – A time and place to develop and strengthen friendships in a small group setting while engaged in social activities.
- Instructional Swim – Individualized small group instruction provided by American Red Cross trained swim instructors.
- Specialties – Each week every camper will experience a wide variety of activities in Judaics, Science, Zumba, Sports, Nature, Art, Music, and Israeli Culture.
- Free Swim – Campers enjoy time to practice all the skills they have learned and just have fun with friends while under the supervision of counselors and trained lifeguard staff.
- Snack – Nutritious, Kosher and healthy snacks to satisfy any morning or afternoon hunger.
- Closing – One last chance to send off campers, through song and cheer while showing their spirit and approval of the day. Campers and parents are presented with any information (handouts/notes) they need for the following camp day.
Parent Packs contain all the forms and information you will need for this year’s summer camp session.
Camp Chaverim camp calendar for all grades