For ages 3 years, 9 months through entering Kindergarten
All campers must be potty-trained and Pull Up free.
Please note full day preschoolers do not need to register online for camp.
Fun Facts about Camp Ora
- 3 and 5 day camping experiences for children who turned 3 by September 30, 2014.
- An exciting, adventure-filled summer camp experience on the JCC’s main campground.
- The highest level of safety with a 8:1 camper to staff ratio – all staff are skilled in early childhood education and are seasoned counselors.
- An array of fabulous daily activities all-camp openings with lots of singing and ruach (spirit), specialities nature, music, Israeli culture, sports, science, arts and crafts, Judaics, a daily Kosher snack (parve or dairy) and swim lessons taught by certified water safety instructors.
- NEW this year, a Drama Specialty with our very own Joanna VanSickle. Campers will work on the five “actors tools”: Body, Voice, Imagination, Concentration and Cooperation.
- Fun-filled theme days such as Water Fun, Carnival and Mini-Maccabi days. Plus special weekly activities, scavenger hunts and dress up days
- The chance to join together as a camp each Friday for our special Shabbat program and activities!
- A summer experience in a natural but sheltered environment – Judaics and Music are spent inside the JCC’s air-conditioned and state-of-the-art Ellman Early Childhood Wing, but the rest is spent in the Camp Ora Shelter. Campers enjoy on one of our age-appropriate playgrounds, our heated outdoor pool, our sprayground and our campgrounds.
A Typical Day at Camp
Camp Ora is perfectly suited for our younger campers!
- 8:30-9:00 – Drop off
- 9:00-9:20 – All camp opening
- 9:20-10:30 – Specialty (Judaics, music, science, sports, art, nature, drama)
- 10:30-10:50 – Bunk time*
- 10:50-11:10 – Swim lessons
- 11:10-11:30 – Bunk time*
- 11:30-12:00 – Specialty (Judaics, music, science, sports, art, nature)
- 12:00-12:30 – Lunch
- 12:30-12:50 – All camp closing
- 12:50-1:00 – Dismissal
* Bunk time before and after swim allows plenty of time to change, use the restroom, reapply sunscreen and play with bunk-mates.
Campers who are 12 month full day from the preschool will be enjoying a hot lunch served daily. If your child does not attend year-round you will have the option of purchasing lunch during the weeks you attend camp.
Parent Packs contain all the forms and information you will need for this year’s summer camp session.
Camp Ora camp calendar for download.