ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Full Time Position
Provides outstanding customer services to vendors, employees & contract services; processes purchase orders, invoices and checks; maintains accurate and up-to-date accounts payable system.
Knowledge and Education – Minimum Required or Preferred: Associate’s Degree in accounting or bookkeeping; BA/BS preferred
Experience – Minimum Required or Preferred: 2+ years AP experience
Special Skills: Proficient with excel; experienced with a variety of accounting software programs, highly organized and efficient. Able to sit for extended periods of time; able to lift 20 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Date stamp incoming purchase orders and invoices on a daily basis.
• Match purchase orders to invoices, check coding, and accurately enter into accounts payable system on a daily basis.
• Research & resolve, within guidelines set by supervisor, discrepancies between invoices & purchase orders and any discrepancies with vendors.
• Review vendor’s statements as they arrive to ensure all invoices are paid or in the process of being paid. Investigate and resolve unpaid invoices.
• Ensure vendor invoices are paid on time, so as to avoid late fees.
• Accurately process & mail checks weekly.
• Accurately file all paid invoices weekly; maintain the accounts payable filing system.
• Maintain vendor contract files, security of vendor W-9 information, and vendor information in accounting system.
• Enter new contract service vendor information into the Ohio New Hire reporting website monthly.
• Maintain check log and purchase order log for auditors.
• Maintain security of all JCC checking account checks.
• File MIP AP reports weekly.
• Reconcile AP general ledger to subsidiary ledger monthly.
• Prepare annual 1099’s for reporting to vendors & IRS by January 31 of each year.
• Sort JCC mail and distribute to mailboxes daily.
• Columbus Jewish Day School Quarterly Billing – maintain spreadsheet, copy, invoices, research questions.
• A/P correction batches as needed
• All other duties as assigned.
The JCC is an EEO, At-Will Employer.
Apply in person at:
1125 College Avenue
Columbus, OH 43209.