ECLC North Site Director
Full Time Position
Knowledge and Education – Minimum Required or Preferred: BA/BS in Early Childhood, Elementary Education or Child Development required / Masters preferred; thorough knowledge of Jewish customs and culture.
Experience – Minimum Required or Preferred:3-5 years of professional experience which includes both teaching and supervisory activities.
Special Skills: Strong ability to work effectively with, and provide support to, those who implement the program. Solid written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of community resources as relates to early childhood development. Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices. Able to safely lift up to 25 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with staff to explore opportunities for infusion of Jewish content in programs and services.
• Oversee and coordinate all operations of the site’s Early Childhood Education programs including half and full-day preschool programs, infant/toddler programs, Kaleidoscope, Camp Yeladim, and all other Early Childhood Education programs.
• Initiate processing of required employment forms.
• Supervision & evaluation of all members of site’s Early Childhood Education (ECE) site staff.
• Develop and monitor yearly budget for the site.
• Assist and communicate monthly enrollment stats along with student/teacher ratios.
• Responsible for communicating with parents regarding their child’s progress, developmental or behavioral concerns and/or appropriate class placement, as needed.
• Work with Early Intervention Specialist to coordinate parents and resources; make appropriate referrals for additional services, as needed.
• Be accessible to parents, children, and staff on a daily basis as the representative of the Jewish Community Center and the Early Childhood Education program; provide the highest level of customer service to all customers.
• Observe classrooms and assist and/or direct teachers in developing appropriate classroom practices and curriculum.
• Responsible for class placement of children in order to maintain ratios as mandated by ODJFS and Step Up to Quality.
• Advise staff on current curriculum practices.
• Review Staff Newsletters / Communication / Early News.
• Administrator for the HiMama App for your site.
• Responsible for training staff and implementing monthly Fire, Tornado and Lock Down Drills and signing off that they are completed.
• Plan and implement family and Judaic programs, parent education, school-wide programs, open house, and other special events.
• Work with Jewish Education Director to enhance the Judaic curriculum, & Integrate appropriate Judaic curriculum for young children.
• Maintain ODJFS and Step Up to Quality Standards.
• Meet with prospective parents for information and tours of the ECE site facility.
• Approve and monitor purchase of supplies, equipment, and other materials, including the holiday food order.
• Develop an understanding of other JCC departments to enhance cooperation.
• Assist ECE chairperson in staffing Early Childhood Parent Committee, various sub committees, & one major event per year.
• Develop publicity and implement a marketing campaign with campaign with the JCC Marketing Department to help maintain full enrollment.
• Maintain JCC’s kosher policies in classrooms and at all JCC events.
• Develop and coordinate, with other 2 sites, yearly Day of Learning for teachers.
• Process staff employment paperwork, including increments.
• Responsible for all personnel issues including requests for leave.
• Responsible for maintaining satisfactory compliance in safety standards, license issues, and health matters for state and local agencies.
• Plan and implement annual staff orientation, monthly staff meetings, and staff professional development.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and dismissing staff in accordance with JCC personnel policies and procedures.
• Oversee the JCC’s Building Facility.
• Beth Tikvah Liaison:
• Monthly meetings with Beth Tikvah Director.
• Maintain a relationship between JCC North and Beth Tikvah.
• Reserve Rooms for Beth Tikvah and report building issues.
• Oversee the yearly preschool registration process and help current families re-enroll.
• Understands ODJFS – Health Care / Medication Policy and is able to discuss with parents.
• Knowledgeable on all ODJFS Forms and able to answer parent questions regarding the forms.
• Attend required meetings at JCC College Avenue and in the community as needed.
• Maintain preschool kitchen, attain food license, oversee Kosher Policy and distribution of lunches.
• Order or oversee food/paper products/classroom supplies for program.
• Provide staff with general lesson plan support, training on aligning with the state standards and monitor the classrooms for follow through and implementation of activities.
• Greet all families and classrooms daily. Create a daily “Morning Ritual” at the front entrance to welcome all families.
• Personnel Action Forms (PAF): Staffing Changes, Hiring, Terminations
• All other duties as assigned.
The JCC is an EEO, At-Will Employer.
Apply in person at:
1125 College Avenue
Columbus, OH 43209.