Full Time Position
Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring network performance.
Knowledge and Education – Minimum Required or Preferred: GED / High School Diploma required; Associate Degree in a computer related field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems) preferred
Experience – Minimum Required or Preferred: Minimum 2 years experience in network administration required including network performance tuning, LAN knowledge, network design and implementation
Special Skills: Aptitude for working well with office equipment and computers; proficient with the maintenance, installation and repair of computer hardware and software; proficient with Microsoft products; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; able to maintain good morale and high level of productivity; demonstrates sound professional judgment, solves problems, plans strategically and multitasks with a focus on delivering quality service; able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers; able to climb ladder, sit and stand for long periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage servers – CSI Server, E-mail Server, MIP Server, File Server, Domain Controller, Backup Domain controller
o Apply security updates to operating systems; apply service patches; update software as needed
• Troubleshoot problems
• Manage workstations and network (including cabling and switches) for 3 locations (College Ave., North, New Albany)
• Manage internet connection and VPN connection
• Manage firewall
• Manage spam filter
• Manage WiFi controller and access points
• Manage phone system
- • Modify users and extensions as needed
• Oversee postage machine internet connection
• Oversee printers
• Security Camera DVR’s
- • Troubleshoot equipment problems
• Review tapes when incidents occur and report findings to CEO.
• Research, review, advise and purchase new equipment as needed
• Install software
• Install new equipment where needed
• Maintain records on all computer equipment; including locations, staff assignments, loaded software, warranties, and upgrades
• Available after hours, as necessary, for IT emergencies
• Coordinate with Business Office regarding purchases and disposals, so as to update fixed asset records
• Work with Finance Director on computer-related portions of external financial audit
• Update computer replacement plan for computers in use on and after 12/31, based on age of agency computers. Plan should span 5 years and be updated at least annually. Share with supervisor for budgeting purposes.
• PCI Compliance – check on quarterly scans schedule by outside party & update questionnaire.
• Perform monthly random computer checks. Report unusual findings to CEO.
• Remove terminated staff monthly from JCC Software to which they have access.
• All other duties as assigned
The JCC is an EEO, At-Will Employer.
Apply in person at:
1125 College Avenue
Columbus, OH 43209.