Director of Camp & Youth Services
JCC College Avenue
The JCC of Greater Columbus seeks a dynamic leader with proven organizational skills to serve as our Director of Camp and Youth Services. The Director of Camp and Youth Services is empowered to operate with a growth mindset that embraces innovation and meets budgeted expectations. In this role, you will oversee the creation, promotion, staffing, curriculum, and administrative functioning of the Jewish Summer Camp Programs, and maintain compliance with ACA and state licensing standards. Throughout the year, you will develop and deliver an annual array of camp programs, JClub Explorers school support programs and year-round youth opportunities that are Jewish, fresh, pluralistic, and keep pace with current trends. You are collaborative by nature and enjoy working with stakeholders to develop/deliver a vision for camp and youth programming that is compelling, creative and Jewish.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Education, Social Work, Recreation Sciences, Communication or a related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
• Has at least 3 – 5 years of management experience within camping with a proven track record of success.
• Strong knowledge of Jewish culture, heritage, and traditions.
• Financial management skills, i.e., budget preparation and reconciliation.
• Working knowledge of short and long-term planning and program development.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to have fun, lead and be part of a productive team and to support and enhance the
strengths of the entire team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement an attractive array of camp programs based on research of the most successful models for camp programming, and on evaluating all aspects of the previous summer.
• Develop and implement programs and activities that further the Jewish identity of participants through the integration of Jewish values / life / culture.
• Develop and maintain effective communication with parents prior to and during camp season (including work with committees, e-news/blog, special announcements, and daily communications).
• Manage the hiring and training process for all camp employees (including recruitment, interviews, hiring, work schedules, maintain employee files, and payroll).
• Collaborate with marketing department on developing materials and sales campaigns. Promote camp in community forums.
• Manage and monitor enrollment for camp; regularly report key benchmarks/statistics to JCC leadership; keep current with licensing; maintain required standards.
• Develop and deliver strategic programs during the year that connect campers back to their summer experience.
• Coordinate activities with Special Needs Camp Director for Inclusion Camps and Special Needs programming.
• Responsible for developing, monitoring and meeting camp, youth and children’s budget goals.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the JCC’s JClub afterschool/virtual school
support program and seasonal camp programs.
• Work with JCCA & JAFI Shlicha.
• Other duties as assigned.
The JCC is an EEO, At-Will Employer.
Apply in person at:
1125 College Avenue
Columbus, OH 43209.