GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
JCC College Avenue – Hours Vary
Assist the JCC community establish, maintain and exceed its fitness goals.
1. Knowledge and Education – Minimum Required or Preferred: Nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification required; High school Diploma / GED preferred; CPR/AED required
2. Experience – Minimum Required or Preferred: Minimum 1-year experience leading group exercise courses
3. Special Skills: Provide outstanding customer service, skilled motivator
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engage members in conversation; address them by first name; introduce yourself.
• Arrive to class five minutes early; conduct all classes in a safe and effective manner.
• Responsible for turning off stereo equipment at the end of class.
• Responsible for putting away mats, tubes, balls, dumbbells, etc.
• Responsible for picking up towels, water bottles, trash and other items left behind by members after each class.
• Provide all music for class; music will be appropriate; music will not contain expletives or offensive lyrics.
• Cycling instructors are expected to inform their class participants after each ride to wipe down their bikes. Be considerate of all members, both in and out of cycling class, when setting music volume levels.
• All group exercise instructors who teach at least two classes a week on a regular basis and who have been employed by the JCC for at least 9 months are eligible for $50 each fiscal year for continuing education reimbursement.
• Attend new hire orientation during first month of employment.
• All other duties as assigned.
The JCC is an EEO, At-Will Employer.
Apply in person at:
1125 College Avenue
Columbus, OH 43209.