To be a part of something great or to learn more visit our Maccabi Website: www.columbusjccmaccabi.org
In July 2016, The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus will host the JCC Maccabi Games for the fifth time. The JCC Maccabi Games are an Olympic-style sporting competition held every summer in North America and one of the largest organized sports programs for Jewish teens in the world. Over 750 Jewish teens, ages 13-16 will descend upon Columbus from July 24th – 29th to participate in a once in a lifetime opportunity. Delegates from across the United States, Israel, Mexico, Canada, and other countries will test their skills in more than 12 different sports while experiencing all that Columbus has to offer. Hosting the JCC Maccabi Games is a monumental endeavor that requires the commitment of over 1000 volunteers, giving their time and opening their hearts and their homes. Your chance is now! Please take a few moments to pre-register for the 2016 games whether it be as an athlete, a host family, volunteer or coach. Please take a few moments to pre-register using the form below and become a part of our team! Additional information will be sent to you later this year.
Those thinking about participating should keep in mind that
- The games are open to all current JCC members and community members. Non-members that register to participate as athletes receive a complimentary JCC membership valid from the time of registration through the end of July 2016!
- To participate in the Games, athletes must be between the ages of 12 and 16 as of July 31 2016.
- All athletes must be Jewish, which is defined as follows: One of the athlete’s parents is Jewish and the athlete is being raised Jewish, or is a Jew by choice and is being raised Jewish. In the spirit of the Games, if the parent or child does not believe that they are Jewish on a year round basis, then the child should not participate in the JCC Maccabi Games.
- All local delegation athletes must be able to house a minimum of two or more visiting athletes.
- Host families must provide a Jewish home for two or more visiting athletes. Each athlete must have his/her own bed (air mattresses are acceptable).
Fees: JCC Members – $550; Non-Members: $650
Payment Options: $150 Deposit (refundable up to February 1, 2016), 50% Due (minus deposit) by January 15, 2016, Balance Due by February 15, 2016
For more information on the JCC Maccabi Games, visit www.jccmaccabigames.org, or contact Jeanna Brownlee at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com
You can also check us out on FACEBOOK or Follow us on Twitter @ColumbusMaccabi
Also be sure to check out the JCC Maccabi Games Videos – Promo Video and Competing at the JCC Maccabi Games