The JCC of Greater Columbus is excited to welcome you back with the reopening of the Diamond Family Fitness Center and select recreational areas beginning on June 7, 2020. Our enthusiasm is tempered, though, with the knowledge that it’s not business as usual. As long as COVID-19 remains a threat in our environment, we must all adapt to our current reality. While this communication is lengthy, it contains important information that will help make your visit easier and support our collective responsibility to comply with CDC, state and local guidelines and, most importantly, protect the health and safety of everyone. Read More Here
HOURS OF OPERATIONS* – AS OF JULY 5, 2020
Building/Fitness Center and Membership Services
Monday-Thursday: 6 am-8:00 pm (closed for cleaning 1-2 pm)
Fridays 6 am-6 pm (closed for cleaning 11:45 am-12:45 pm)
Saturdays: 1:30-5 pm
Sundays: 8 am-5:00 pm (closed for cleaning 1-2 pm)
*Hours subject to change based on usage and safe operating guideline updates.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE I GO
Members are required to reserve a time slot up to 72 hours in advanced on our MindBody App or webpage before coming to the JCC.
During Phase 1, beginning June 7th, the following areas/programs will be available to members. No guests or visitors will be allowed. Each of these areas will have different hours, procedures and requirements to enable social distancing and sanitation.
› Diamond Family Fitness Center (Cardio & Weight Equipment) by MindBody Reservation
› Indoor Walking Track
› Indoor Pool for Lap Swimming Only by MindBody Reservation and The Outdoor Pool.
› Tennis Courts by MindBody Reservation
› Ann and Meyer z”l Weisman Virtual Golf Experience by MindBody Reservation
› Table Tennis by MindBody Reservation
Regardless of which recreational facility you plan to use, the JCC has implemented new protective equipment and sanitation policies for members and staff and a consistent process for reservations, arrival and check-in that will need to be completed by all members prior to accessing any of the aforementioned areas.
Reservations and Arrival Health Screenings
Due to capacity restrictions, members will be required to reserve a time slot on our MindBody App or webpage up to 72 hours before coming to the JCC. To get the app, download for Android devices here or Apple devices here – or visit columbusjcc.org/fitness to use the webpage scheduler.
• To minimize lines, plan to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time slot.
• Prior to entering the building or accessing any outside recreational areas, members will be required to have their temperature taken and answer a short health screening at the main entrance.
• Members whose temperature is below 100 degrees and meet the criteria for safe entry will be allowed to enter the building, scan their membership card and go to their reserved area.
• Members are only permitted to access or use the area/equipment that they reserved.
Every time you come to the JCC, you will have your temperature taken and be required to answer the following health screening questions:
Have you or anyone in your household been exposed to someone with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the last 48 hours? YES/NO
If you answered yes because you are a medical professional who is in contact with COVID patients, did you have on the appropriate PPE during the time of contact? If yes, you will be able to utilize the facilities.
Have you had a fever above 100 in the last 48 hours? YES/NO
Have you experienced any respiratory illness symptoms or unexplained illness in the last 48 hours? YES/NO
What do I need to know before I go?
• The JCC will be members only during Phase I. No guests please.
• Entrance to the J will be through the front entrance and when leaving the fitness center, exit through the rear doors.
• Masks required at entrance, in all public areas and when moving between equipment
• Always remain 6 ft from others
• Wipe down equipment prior to and after use
• Use only equipment marked available and reserved
• Bring your own towel if you need one
• Locker rooms accessible for restroom use
• Bring your own water
• Personal Training is available. Please contact Carlie or your trainer to schedule an appointment
The JCC of Greater Columbus is dedicated to the health and safety of our members. We’ve taken the following steps to help lessen the transmission of germs in the building:
1. Hand sanitizing or hand washing is required when entering the facility.
2. The entire building (fitness and aquatics areas, bathrooms, etc) will be closed during the middle of the day for a deep clean.
3. The MERV rating on our filtration system has been increased.
4. We have Increased the turnover of air throughout the building including adding more intake of outside fresh air
5. The JCC acquired two electrostatic cleaning systems to be able to sanitize more effectively and efficiently.
6. Wiping down of all equipment in between members will be done by staff in addition to members utilizing the wipes stations throughout the building.
7. Each evening the building will be deep cleaned and prepared for the next day.
8. Staff are required to wear masks at all times.
9. Members are required to wear masks in common areas and when walking throughout the building.
10. The cleaning agents used to sanitize our facility and equipment are EPA compliant to neutralize viruses, including COVID-19
If you have questions about any of these protocols, please contact Ronnie Conn, COO, at 614-559-6260 or email@example.com
KEEPING YOU SAFE
The safety of our members and staff is what’s most important. The J has always been dedicated to delivering a healthy way of life to our communities, and with a carefully planned and phased approach, we will begin to reopen. Each of us will play an important role in making your facility a safe experience for us all.
JCC STAFF & FACILITY REQUIREMENTS
JCC Staff will be wearing masks at all times JCC Staff will have their temperature checked prior to their shift and complete a medical screening before being cleared for work each day Extra cleanings will occur between scheduled time slots Recreational areas will be cleaned thoroughly between reservations and after close each evening
At this time, the following areas and programs remain closed due to social distancing limitations:
> Health Clubs (Upgraded Locker Rooms)
> Racquet Ball Courts
> In Person Group Exercise
> Towel Service (bring your own towel if you need one)
> Congregate Meal Site and Senior Transportation
> Group programs and Facility Rentals
These protocols and procedures are in place to protect everyone. We appreciate your cooperation and adherence to these new guidelines. While the JCC is taking precautions as guided by health officials, community spread of COVID-19 is ongoing, and asymptomatic transmission is known to occur. Individuals should remain informed and take actions to support both their own and the community’s safety and well-being.
Questions? Please email one of our staff below
Carlie Snyder firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquatics and Recreation
Jeanna Brownlee email@example.com
Membership and MINDBODY Access
Evi Goldberg firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Klapper email@example.com
Ronnie Conn firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Butter email@example.com
Anna Shabtay firstname.lastname@example.org