For ages 3 years, 9 months through entering Kindergarten
All campers must be potty-trained and Pull Up free.
Please note full day preschoolers do not need to register online for camp.
Fun Facts about Camp Ora
- 3 and 5 day camping experiences for children who turned 3 by September 30, 2016.
- An exciting, adventure-filled summer camp experience on the JCC’s main campground.
- The highest level of safety with a 8:1 camper to staff ratio – all staff are skilled in early childhood education and are seasoned counselors.
- An array of fabulous daily activities all-camp openings with lots of singing and ruach (spirit), specialities nature, music, Israeli culture, sports, science, arts and crafts, Judaics, a daily Kosher snack (parve or dairy) and swim lessons taught by certified water safety instructors.
- Fun-filled theme days such as Water Fun, Carnival and Mini-Maccabi days. Plus special weekly activities, scavenger hunts and dress up days
- The chance to join together as a camp each Friday for our special Shabbat program and activities!
- A summer experience in a natural but sheltered environment – Judaics and Music are spent inside the JCC’s air-conditioned and state-of-the-art Ellman Early Childhood Wing, but the rest is spent in the Camp Ora Shelter. Campers enjoy on one of our age-appropriate playgrounds, our heated outdoor pool, our sprayground and our campgrounds.
A Typical Day at Camp
Camp Ora is perfectly suited for our younger campers!
- 8:30-9:00 – Drop off
- 9:00-9:20 – All camp opening
- 9:20-10:30 – Specialty (Judaics, music, science, sports, art, nature, drama)
- 10:30-10:50 – Bunk time*/Snack
- 10:50-11:10 – Swim lessons
- 11:10-11:30 – Bunk time*
- 11:30-12:00 – Specialty (Judaics, music, science, sports, art, nature)
- 12:00-12:30 – Lunch
- 12:30-12:50 – All camp closing
- 12:50-1:00 – Dismissal
* Bunk time before and after swim allows plenty of time to change, use the restroom, reapply sunscreen and play with bunk-mates.
Campers who are 12 month full day from the preschool will be enjoying a hot lunch served daily. If your child does not attend year-round you will have the option of purchasing lunch during the weeks you attend camp.