The JCC Early Childhood Learning Community (ECLC) provides a comprehensive education rooted in Jewish values that nourishes each child’s excitement, encourages their curiosity and allows them to develop at his/her own pace. You can be confident that we will provide all the loving, enriching attention you want for your child.
Jewish learning is central to our curriculum. Every week we integrate Jewish traditions, prayers and values into classroom learning. This Jewish outlook offers an opportunity for our children to experience Judaism while learning universal values. Additional education benefits include:
• Holiday and Shabbat Celebrations
• Exploring and Learning about Israel
• Learning about Customs and Traditions
Our values-based curriculum teaches Jewish ethics to young children and supports families in bringing these values into their homes.
SHEVA LEARNING COMMUNITY
JCC Early Childhood Learning Community participates in an early learning framework exclusive to JCCs. Its seven core elements are firmly rooted in the latest research on child development.
SEVEN LENSES OF SHEVA
1. Children as Constructivist Learners
2. Early Childhood Directors as Visionaries
3. Early Childhood Educators as Professionals
4. Families as Engaged Partners
5. Environments as Inspiration for Inquiry
6. Discover CATCH as Sh’mirat HaGuf (taking care of our bodies)
7. Israel as the Story of the Jewish People
THE CREATIVE CURRICULUM ®
The foundation of our education approach is rooted in The Creative Curriculum®. The Creative Curriculum® is built on well-accepted theories of development in young children that research shows learn best through active exploration of their environment. The curriculum focuses on four areas of development: Social/Emotional, Cognitive, Physical and Language. These areas are nurtured through:
• Intentionally planned activities for the children
• The arrangement of the environment
• The selection of toys and materials
• The daily schedule and teacher interaction with the children are all designed to accomplish the goals and objectives of the curriculum.
• Our goal is that each child will have the opportunity for a successful school year and a bright academic future.
Children participate in all the JCC has to offer by incorporation of specialized instruction in the areas of:
• Judaics & Hebrew
• Music & Art
• Physical Education
• Dance & Movement
• Shabbat Assembly
• Swimming & Water Safety
The quality of our program is directly correlated to the excellence of our teaching staff. Our staff consists of warm and nurturing Early Childhood Educators who through their education, the JCC’s commitment to continued early childhood training and longevity with our program provide the “Best in Class” preschool experience in developing children’s maximum potential.
• BCI/FBI background checked
• Annually participate in over 25+ hours of training
• CPR/AED trained
• Create a warm & nurturing environment daily