SEASON SUBSCRIPTIONS ON SALE NOW!
$60 – includes 1 discounted ticket to each of our 3 productions with early seat selection!
HOW TO GUIDE FOR SEASON SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Link above will take you directly to the Eventive site to purchase the subscription
- Choose the number of subscriptions and click BUY (on the bottom right hand corner of the box)
- You may have a saved credit card or be asked to enter your credit card information
- You can choose to change your credit card information or to give this subscription as a gift
- At this point, you will be prompted to choose the date of the production. Each subscription entitles you to one ticket per production for a total of 3 productions.
- You will then be asked to choose your seat.
- If you are purchasing multiple season passes then you will repeat the seat selection process.
- After you finalize your order, you will receive an email with all of the details.
All productions take place in the Roth/Resler Theater on the Eisenstein Stage at the JCC of Greater Columbus
In the late 1940’s, the foremost community theater in Columbus was the Players Club Theater. As a club, this group did not permit the participation of African Americans or Jews. Finally, a group of Hadassah women who were interested in theater, met at the home of Florence Zacks (Melton) to organize a theater activity in which members of the Jewish community could comfortably take part.
The R. G. Barry Corporation offered loft space to this fledging drama group on the top floor of its factory at 80 1/2 East Long Street. It was within this space that Gallery produced its first production in May 1950 and this initial effort was met with great interest by the Jewish community.
The new Jewish Center was under construction at the time and the program department of the agency offered its multi-purpose room as a site for the group to stage its future productions. The group readily accepted and became an adult activity offered by the Center. Realizing that in order to present plays at their highest level and have audiences accept the playwright’s intention, the group reached out to the general community for additional talented individuals.
Thus, Gallery Players became the first community theater in Central Ohio to implement a casting policy that did not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or gender.
Today, Gallery Players continues this inclusive tradition. We always strive to bring Central Ohio the very best that community theatre can offer, which can only be achieved by relying on the talents of a diverse cross section of people. These talented people will be the ones that ensure Gallery stays strong for another 60+ seasons!
Benny Zelkowicz, Committee Chair
Amy Silver Judd
Thank You to Our Season Sponsors
Wendy and Steven Cohen Family Philanthropic Fund
Carol & Jeff Folkerth
Howard & Linda Schottenstein
Pam & Ira Scheer
Andrew Smith & Lavea Brachman
Bonnie & Allan Finkelstein
Dotty & Mayer Rosenfeld JCC Endowment
Denise & Mike Klapper
Melissa & Ronnie Conn
Billie & Ralph Hazelbaker
Karen & Jon Meyer
Clean Title Agency
Ruth & Joe Sniderman
Randi & Marty Lewis
Shana & Howie Beigelman
Heidi & Mike Levey
List Updated as Of 12.2.22