JCC of Greater Columbus
As of 6.2.21:
We have come a long way in our nation’s fight against COVID-19! For the last 12 months, we have been carefully following the safety precautions and “tools” provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health – often going above and beyond – to ensure the safest possible environment for our JCC to stay open.
The continuing reports of low COVID-19 positivity rates, along with the increasing number of vaccinated individuals in Ohio is good news. The recent updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health now provide the guidance to allow us to adapt our COVID-19 guidelines, albeit cautiously.
As you review these updates, please take into consideration that our JCC population is diverse – including every age and circumstance. We ask everyone to continue to be considerate of those you come in contact with.
Following are changes effective June 2, 2021:
- For members who are fully vaccinated and have completed the 14-day waiting period after the last dose, masks will no longer be required in all areas of the JCC with the exception of the Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC).
- Members and staff who are not yet vaccinated will continue to be required to wear masks.
- While proof of vaccination is not required at this time, we trust that anyone entering the JCC or participating in our programs will demonstrate accountability in protecting the safety of themselves and others by adhering to the updated mask policy.
- Pre-entry health and temperature screenings for all members entering the JCC facilities will no longer be required, but we encourage that you self-screen before entering the JCC. If you are sick, please stay home.
- Reservations will no longer be required for open swim times in the outdoor pool, aquatic fitness classes, the splash pad or basketball courts. MindBody app reservations are still required for the indoor pool and early morning lap swimming in the outdoor pool.
- Steam rooms and saunas will open, with capacity limits.
All other safety measures, including social distancing and sanitation protocols, remain in effect for general areas of the JCC, the Diamond Family Fitness Center, pools, gymnasium and ECLC areas.
We look forward to embarking on this next phase of getting back to normal, but understand the pandemic is certainly not over. That’s why the JCC remains vigilant in our commitment to safety and strongly encourage all members and staff to get vaccinated.
Mike Klapper, JCC CEO
Rick Meizlish, President of the JCC Board of Trustees